Back again with yet another quick recipe! Am not sure what is the authentic recipe of a wheat dosa (கோதுமை தோசை) but this is my version of it and it turned out pretty good!My food critic did'nt have any complaints ...so, i am sure it passed the test!
|Wheat dosa - கோதுமை தோசை|
- 3 scoops of wheat flour
- 1 scoop of rice flour
- 1 cup of whisked curd (preferably little sour)
- 4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 4 to 5 curry leaves finely cut
- finely chopped coriander
- 3 to 4 cashews broken into small pieces(optional for ppl on diet)
- Salt to taste
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 4- 5 mins per dosa
- In a bowl, mix the rice flour and wheat flour with the whisked curd and water to bring it to a dosa batter consistency. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Now, add the chillies, onions, cumin seeds, ginger, curry leaves, coriander, cashews and salt to taste. Mix them all well and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 tsp of oil around the corners of the dosa
- Do not try to spread the batter by pouring a ladle of batter in the middle of the pan. Since this is wheat flour, spreading the batter might not be a good idea:-)!
|Cooking the dosa|
This recipe is participating in