This is a new category am excited about blogging! "Left overs"...can't believe am trying to make something out of left over items...! Usually, am a very calculative cook and do not have too much left overs in my fridge. But one does have those days when something just does'nt go right and almost everything you made is carried over for supper or lunch the next day!
Why waste food when so many are going hungry everyday around the globe. So, this category will hold recipe's from the left over food and I hope it helps to make the best out of the waste...:-)
- 1 cup Left over rice
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp of Besan flour ( Kadali maavu)
- a pinch of turmeric
- Finely chopped coriander and curry leaves for garnishing
- 1 or 2 finely chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl and mash them together
- Make lemon sized dumplings of the above mix
- Flatten them out like patties on a flat surface and transfer them to a tawa
- Cook the patties on both sides with little oil till they are golden brown
- Crispy rice teplas are ready to be eaten!
Now, that was super quick is'nt it?! You could serve this with the Tomato-coco ginger chutney
This goes perfectly well with Teplas
Foot note: You could avoid the besan flour and try it with rice flour or wheat flour or ragi flour whichever combo you prefer with. For many besan is not a great favourite and may not work well with the tummy...;-) ! So, try your variant and leave ur comments in here....