A quick curry with just a tsp of oil, to go with Chapathi! Sunday evening is always boring whichever corner of the world one may be living and today happened to be no different to this:-) Suddenly i realised it was already 7.30pm and i had not yet made anything for dinner. Then i started ruffling through my fridge and took out the left out paneer, caluflower, capsicum and peas and made a quick curry out of it for chapathi! It made in 20 mins and our dinner was ready on the table by 7.50pm!
1/2 cup cubed paneer
1/2 cup Cauliflower
1/2 cup Capsicum
2 tbsp green peas
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Jeera(cumin) powder
1/2 tsp Jeera ( Cumin) seeds
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 20 mins
- Heat the 1 tsp oil in a pan and add the cubed paneer to it. Fry it on all sides in low flame. You could sprinkle some salt for taste if needed. Drain and keep aside on absorbent paper.
- In the same pan, add 1/2 tsp jeera and add all the cubed veggies to it.
- Cover the pan for 2 mins and cook on low flame.
- Now add the Chilli powder, Jeera powder and salt and keep closed.
- This should cook in 10 mins. Once cooked, add the paneer and cook open for another 2-3 mins.
- Tasty curry is ready to eat
Foot note: The capsicum i have used is yellow in colour!