Am not kidding here, calling all my curries a "quick to make" kind but those that i mean, are really quick to make! I made this curry this morning for the dabba with rotis and learnt it from a punjabi girl about 5-6 years back...
2 medium sized potatoes
1/2 small onion chopped
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp jeera(cumin) powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Finely chopped coriander for garnishing
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins or lesser
- Cut the potatoes into medium sized cubes and place in a bowl
- Add the chopped onion to this bowl
- Add all the spices mentioned above and the oil and mix the veggies together to coat the spices on them
- Pressure cook them directly on the cooker with just enough water to cover them. This is the tricky part :-)
- Adding too much water will make the dish too liquid and we will end up boiling the gravy again to thicken it.
- Open the cooker once the steam escapes and add the coriander and garnish. The potato curry is ready to eat with your favourite roti!
- If you feel the gravy is little watery, just boil on low flame for a couple of mins to let it thicken...
Foot note: This curry has a different flavour as we add all the spices raw and cook them directly on pressure.
You could also add a small tomato if you want the curry to be a little tangy.