I learnt this super simple coriander rice from one of my BFF! She is a Superwoman (like Superman)....juggling between work, home, kids and the family that loves good food! So, she has many tricks up her sleeves to make simple food taste delish and also makes everything in no time!
So, here it is Preetha...a toast to your good health...
1/2 cup basmati rice washed and soaked
1 cup chopped coriander
1/2 medium onion finely chopped
2-3 green chillies ( ur preference of spice level)
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp coconut
1 tsp green peas(boiled or frozen)
a small cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp saunf
1 tsp ghee/oil
3-4 cashews slit
Salt to taste
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins
- Pressure cook the basmati rice to 2 whistles in 3/4 cup water and let it stand for the steam to escape.
|Cooked Basmati rice|
cinnamon, green chillies and salt
- In a Kadai, heat the oil/ghee and add the saunf.
- Once the saunf crackles, add the cashews and fry for a few seconds.
- Now add the onions and fry for a min before adding the frozen peas. Fry this for a few seconds.
- Now add the ground coriander-coconut paste and fry for a bit until the raw smell of the coriander is gone.
- Steaming hot and tasty coriander rice is ready to eat with onion raita!