I learnt this recipe from my MIL. She is so good with variety...sometimes I wonder how she has the interest and patience to cook so much for a normal day! Our weekend lunch menus always take us by surprise. The name of this recipe sounds dangerous naa....Naahhhh, its not:-) A very simple side that can be a superb accompaniment for தேங்காய் தொகையல் (coconut thogaiyal) or பருப்பு தொகையல் (paruppu thogaiyal) or any other தொகையல் !
1 cup curd
2 tsp Urad dhal
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
2 green chillies finely chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp oil for tempering
Prep time: 10 mins
- In a kadai dry roast the urad dhal till it turns light red.
- On cooling, powder the urad dhal in the mixie/blender.
- Beat the curd, add salt, cumin seeds and the green chilli.
- Add about 1 tsp of the urad dhal powder to the curd and mix well.
- If you find the mix too thick, add some water and loosen it up.
Daanghar pachadi is ready to be served!
Foot note: If you make the roasted urad dhal powder and store in a small container, it will come in handy anytime.