Monday, November 3, 2014

Sukha Lehsun ki Chutney or Dry Garlic Chutney

Hmmm...ok, now, this is like writing an exam. First I have very little time at my disposal and second I realise, am not fully organised to complete the exam on time;-) Was writing the post of Pav bhajji and realised, I had to give the recipe for garlic chutney without which the pav recipe is not complete:-) Now, thought, I will anyways publish all of the required chutneys which comes in handy for any chat or bhajji. And unfortunately, I had not taken any pics of any the chutney but promise to update the posts with pics very soon as I need to restock my fridge with it.

This is such a simple and easy to make chutney and comes in handy for many chat items.So, go ahead, make a bunch and put it in your fridge in an air tight container. You can use it for atleast 3 months. Does'nt go waste. Remember to use kashmiri chilly powder for this chutney. This gives the vibrant colour to your dishes and also, the spiciness is not too high.....How to make

Ingredients:

- 20 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp kashmiri chilly powder
- 1/4 cup grated coconut (kopra)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste

Prep time: 5 mins                    Cook time: 5 mins

Preparation:

- Pound the garlic in a mortar-pestle and blend in a mixie till smooth
- Transfer to a container and mix all the above ingredients well with the garlic
- Store in air tight container and refrigerate and use as and when required.

Ain't that easy peasy and super simple:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment