Pudhina or mint is one such herb which is so full of benefits. After a heavy meal day, pudhina infused lime water can do wonders to your intestines. Regular use of this herb helps to keep us healthy enough to keep binging on junk😀
Below is one of my favorite pudhina recipe which takes about 15 minutes to prepare and is super tasty with hot rice and ghee...yummm
-1 bunch of pudhina leaves
- 2-3 dry red chilies
- a small pinch of tamarind soaked in warm water
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp Urad dhal
- 1/2 cup of shredded or sliced coconut
- a pinch of hing or asafoetida
- salt to taste
Prep time: 15 mins Grind time: 5 mins
- Soak the tamarind in a bit of warm water and set aside
- In a kadai, heat 1 tsp oil, add the Urad dhal, red chilies and roast until the dhal turns red.
- Now add the hing, washed and drained pudhina leaves and salt.
- Fry it for a minute or two until the leaves come together.
- Switch of the heat and add the coconut and stir them together and set aside on a plate to let it cool.
- Once this cools, grind in a mixie/ blender along with the soaked tamarind.
- Remove on to a serving bowl and serve with rice, dosa or idli.
- Additionally, you can temper urad and channa dhal in a bit of oil and add after the pudhina has been made to a paste. This will give extra crunch when eaten with rice.